Disconnecting from technology for a few hours is one of the most relaxing things you can do. However, in this day and age, that’s easier said than done. With so many devices available, it’s impossible to unplug completely. Even your home has become a hub of technology. That’s why Amazon has released Firestick as an alternative to its Echo devices. It allows you to cut down on the amount of time you spend on your computer. Moreover, with so many streaming services available, it makes perfect sense that we have more ways to access them conveniently and affordably. In this article, we will let you know how you can connect firestick to Wifi, along with other helpful tips on getting started with your new device.
How To Connect Firestick To Wifi
- Firstly, you will need to plug in your Firestick to the power source. It can be a power outlet or a USB port. After plugging it in, you will have to wait for a few minutes for the device to boot up.
- Once your Firestick is ready, you should try connecting it with Wifi settings on your device. Simply tap on the Wifi icon and then on the “connect to” option. Proceed by selecting your router’s name from the list of available options. You can also select “search for new networks” if you cannot find yours from the list of available options provided by your router’s manufacturer.
- Once connected, proceed by following any other steps that are necessary by following your router’s directions or instructions provided in the manual given along with its product packaging or box contents.
- You may also want to check out our Firestick guide here: How To Watch Free Movies & TV Shows On Amazon Fire Stick Without Cable Or Satellite Service.
- You can also check out our Firestick guide here: How to Install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Read our article on how to get the latest updates on your Amazon Fire TV/Stick: How to Update Fire TV Stick or Fire TV.
- If you are still having trouble connecting your fire stick, then this guide may help you out: How to Connect Your Amazon Firestick To Wifi (Fire TV Stick)
- You can also watch this video to see how to connect your Firestick to Wifi:
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the section below. We will try our best to help you out.
What’s the Firestick?
- Firestick is a streaming device that allows you to connect with tons of content and services, including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, and many more.
- The Firestick plugs into your HDMI port and enables you to watch any content on your TV screen.
- You can either use the Firestick as a standalone device or use it with the Amazon Echo Dot or Echo Show speaker for hands-free use.
- The Firestick works with Alexa for voice control and can also be controlled using the remote app on your phone or tablet.
How to use Alexa on your FireStick?
Go to alexa.amazon.com on your FireStick and click on the “Get Started” button
You will be asked to enter a valid email address, which you can use to verify the device.
Now, select the language you want to use and then click on “Next”.
Now, you will be asked to set up an Amazon account if you don’t have one yet. Then, click on “Next”.
Once your account is set up, choose whether you want to use it as an individual or business user, and then click on “Next”.
Now, it’s time for Alexa voice instructions with your FireStick! Click on ‘Start Using Alexa’ and follow the instructions given by Amazon customer service representatives in English or Spanish based on your location. You can also ask for information about various topics such as weather or sports scores by simply saying: Alexa, ask me a question about football/weather/sports scores/etc. To enable hands-free mode for hands-free calling just say: Alexa help hands-free mode. To enable the ‘Shortcuts’ feature of Alexa just say: Alexa enables shortcuts. For more information about any commands just say: Alexa how do I do that? and they will provide all the answers you need in your native language!
What are the advantages of using this device?
- You can access all your favorite streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and others without using a PC or phone.
- You can listen to music, play games and browse the internet all at once.
- It’s much cheaper than the Echo devices and other similar gadgets.
- It’s compatible with Alexa as well as Google Assistant, so you can use it to control your smart home devices too!
- You can connect multiple FireStick devices to one account for easy access (up to 3). You can also purchase additional storage for $40/year if you need more space for apps and movies!
- The device has a remote control that allows you to play games on your TV screen or change channels on the TV screen by pressing just a few buttons on the remote! This is great for gaming and watching TV at the same time! You will be able to stream content from your phone or tablet too through this remote control! It even works with Alexa if you want to ask her questions while using her as a remote control!
- You can also use it as an alarm clock with its snooze feature that will wake you up in 15 minutes!
- The device comes with 2 years of free Amazon cloud storage which is great if you want to save some of your favorite shows and movies on the device itself without having to pay extra for an external hard drive or USB stick.
The Firestick is an excellent device that lets you stream content whenever you want. It also allows you to connect to WiFi networks in your area. To do so, you need to make sure that your Firestick is connected to a WiFi network. If you have any questions or comments that we’ve missed, don’t hesitate to leave them below!