Today, more and more businesses are moving away from fax machines and toward digital communication. However, many offices and business owners still use a fax machine to send confidential information as well as other documents they want to store in their records. The problem with this is that most offices don’t have a fax machine; they simply have a standalone fax machine. This means that if you want to receive a document as a fax, you need to buy another piece of hardware, the fax machine. Alternatively, you can use another method to receive your documents without the need for another device. Here we’ll look at some ways of receiving a document as a fax without using a fax machine.
How to Receive Fax Without Fax Machine
Use a 3-way fax machine.
If you want to receive a document as a fax, you’ll need to use a fax machine. However, if you don’t have access to one or if it isn’t convenient for you to use one, there are several alternatives. One alternative is using a three-way fax machine. These devices are typically used in businesses that send and receive documents from multiple locations. It allows the sender to send and receive documents from multiple locations at once without having to purchase additional equipment for each location. The three-way device will connect the fax machine at the sending and receiving location so that the recipient can receive documents without having any additional equipment needed.
Use an Internet Fax Service.
There are several companies that offer Internet fax services that allow your business to send and receive documents through an Internet connection, similar in function to send via email or through other means of communication over the web today. You simply log onto the website of your choice and upload your document, then press a button and your document will be sent as an email attachment or uploaded directly as an image file. Your recipients will then be able to download the document directly through their email inbox or by clicking on the image file sent in their email inbox (if they’ve opted in).
If you don’t want to use an Internet fax service, but would still like your business documents delivered over email rather than being stored on your company’s computer system, you can send your documents as attachments to an email and then have the recipients download the documents from their email inboxes. You’ll need to ensure that you have a working email account set up for your business and that you have your business’s electronic signature on file with the relevant companies (if applicable).
Use a Fax over IP Service.
If you would prefer not to use an Internet fax service, but still wish to receive faxes, there are several alternatives. One alternative is using fax over IP service. These services allow you to receive faxes through an internet connection rather than through a standalone fax machine. Of course, if you don’t have access to an internet connection at all, this isn’t going to work for you.
Purchase a Fax over IP Device.
If it is not possible for you or your business to use any of the methods described above or if it is simply more convenient for you and your employees, there are some devices available that allow for receiving documents as faxes without using a fax machine at all (can also be used by non-business users). One such device is the AvantFax VF-536U which allows businesses and non-business users alike access to send and receive documents over their existing Internet connection without having access to any additional equipment whatsoever – this includes both sending and receiving! More information about this device can be found here
Use a scanner to receive your faxes
- Purchase a scanner that is capable of receiving faxes.
- Connect the scanner to your computer and the computer to the phone line.
- Scan the document you want to receive as a fax and save it as an image file.
- Send the image file via email or upload it on a website like Google Drive or Dropbox and share it with your recipient so they can read it as well as you can.
- Your recipient will need to install software on their computer, usually provided by the company that sent them your document, in order for their computer to be able to read your image file as a fax. This will vary depending on what software was used for sending them your document but usually requires scanning their documents for transmission rather than sending them via email or uploading them directly onto their website.
- Once they have installed this software, they can scan and read your document from any device connected to their network including their mobile phone, tablet, or laptop and view it in a similar way to how they would view any other document that is scanned using this software (though obviously not the same).
- The only difference between this method and many other methods is that you don’t need another piece of hardware like a fax machine or smartphone; instead, you use any device that is connected to your network including your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop which makes this method more convenient than many others because all of these devices are already connected to networks so there is no need to purchase another piece of hardware.
Receive using an app on your phone
- Download an app called Fax, which is available on both Android and iOS.
- Open the app and tap on the “Fax” option, which will bring up a list of fax machines in your area.
- Tap on “Make a Fax” and select the document you want to send as a fax.
- The document will be sent to you as a PDF, so you can print it out or save it to your phone’s memory card.
- You can then either send the document back to the original sender or keep it on your phone.
Receive using Google Docs
- Open the document you want to receive as fax in Google Docs.
- Click on the share button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on “Send by fax” in the dropdown menu and then click on “Send as Fax” from the next window that opens up.
- When you are asked if you would like to send it as a fax, simply select “Yes” and then enter your fax number to continue with sending the document as a fax.
Use the Phone Line
If you use a fax machine to fax a document, you will need to have an additional phone line available. This means you’ll need to buy an additional phone line for each fax machine, which may be expensive. Instead, if you use the phone line, you won’t need to buy another phone line at all. Using the fax machine over the phone line also allows for more flexibility in terms of who can receive your documents. For example, if your business partners are not allowed to use your fax machine on their own devices, they can still receive the documents using their own phones.
Use Email or Instant Messaging
You can also send documents to an email address or an instant messaging account. This will allow you to distribute the documents without having to purchase additional hardware. For example, if you want to send a document to your accountant, you could send it over email or instant messaging.
Use Cloud Storage
You can also use cloud storage services such as DropBox to send documents. For example, if you want to share a document with your accountant, you could send it to their DropBox account. This will allow them to access the document from any computer, tablet, or mobile device they have connected to the internet.
Use a Personal Computer
If you want to receive a fax on your personal computer or laptop, you can install a free software program such as WinFax that allows you to receive faxes over your PC. This will allow you to receive documents without having to purchase another hardware device, and still have access to the documents using all of your devices with an internet connection.
Use a Smartphone or Tablet
If you want to receive a document on your smartphone or tablet, there are several apps available for this purpose. For example, FaxZero allows for sending and receiving faxes from any mobile device without needing an additional phone line. However, some of these apps only work in specific countries and may cost money per month in addition to the cost of buying the app itself. Additionally, some may require additional hardware such as an external printer and additional software such as Faxback Pro 2 Mobile (iOS) or SendFax (Android) that are not necessary if using another method of receiving faxes over the internet instead of through a standalone fax machine.
If you don’t have a fax machine, you can still receive your faxes through other methods. You can use a scanner, an email service, an app on your phone, an eFax account, or Google Docs. These methods are easy and cheap, and they don’t require you to buy a separate device. If you’re still using a fax machine, it might be time to upgrade to one of these digital methods of receiving your faxes.