Google added a “dark mode” feature as part of its latest Android update, but not everyone is happy about it. Some users find the new feature annoying and prefer the old version of Google. If you’re one of those people, you may want to turn off Google Dark Mode on your Android phone. There are many reasons why you might want to turn off dark mode on your Android device: You don’t like the new look and feel, or perhaps you find it drains your battery faster than before. Whatever the case may be, here’s how to disable it. If you have been using Android for some time now, you will know that most features come with an option to toggle them on or off. In this article, we take a look at how to switch off Google Dark Mode if it isn’t your cup of tea.
How to Turn Off Google Dark Mode
- First, open your Settings app and go to System > Display.
- Scroll down and tap on the Dark Theme option.
- Tap on the toggle switch next to it to turn it off. This will remove the dark theme from your Android device’s UI and make everything look as it did before Google’s new feature was introduced.
- If you want to turn off Google Dark Mode permanently, go back to System > Display and tap the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to Advanced > Theme and select the option called “Dark” instead of “Light.”
- Once you’ve done that, go to System > Display and tap on the menu icon again.
- Go to Advanced > Theme and select “Light” instead of “Dark.” This will make your phone look like it did before Google’s new feature was introduced. Just remember that this feature is only available for Android Oreo (Android 8) and above, so if you have an older Android version, you won’t be able to turn off the dark mode on your phone. If you have any other questions about turning off or disabling Google Dark Mode, feel free to ask them in the comments below!
Reasons You Might Want To Turn Off Google Dark Mode
- You Don’t Like The New Look And Feel Google Dark Mode looks very different from the regular mode. While we all love a dark mode, there are many users who don’t like the new look and feel. Others find that it drains their battery faster than before. If you are one of those people, you might want to turn off this feature.
- You Find It Annoying You might have your reasons to disable Google Dark Mode on your phone, but if you find it annoying, there is no reason why you should keep it on. This feature is only available for Pixel and Nexus devices at the moment, so if you have a device that isn’t compatible with it, you won’t be able to use this feature at all. However, if that doesn’t bother you, here’s how to turn off Google Dark Mode on your Android device: Go to Settings > System > Accessibility > Light Accent Inversion (accessibility shortcut). Tap on “On” and then tap the OK button (if needed). If needed, tap “Dark” in the list below the Accessibility section and then tap the OK button again.
- You Think It Drains Your Battery Faster Than Before Some users find that they need to charge their phone more often after using the new dark theme because of its drain on battery life compared with the usual mode without a dark theme enabled. Therefore, if you think this is true for your device as well, you might want to turn off Google Dark Mode.
- You Prefer The Old Look And Feel There are many who prefer the old version of Google’s dark theme over the new one. This is because they find the new dark mode looks very similar to the old one, which means it doesn’t stand out as much as before. If you think this is true for your device as well, you might want to turn off Google Dark Mode.
- You Prefer The Old Look And Feel (Again) If you think that the old version of Google’s dark theme looks better than the new one, you might want to keep it on your phone and not switch it off at all. This is because there are many users who prefer the older look and feel over the newer one and therefore don’t mind if they can’t get the new look on their phone at all. If this is true for you as well, then there is no reason why you should switch off Google Dark Mode on your Android device.
Disabling Dark Mode for Apps
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for “Settings” and tap on the result.
- Tap on the “Security” option, then scroll down to the “Device Administrators” section.
- Tap on “Edit Device Administrators”.
- Tap on the checkbox next to each app you want to remove from the list of allowed apps for enabling dark mode (if you don’t see them, try restarting your device).
- Scroll down and tap on “Done”. Your device will reboot once you’ve finished making changes in this menu. You can also do this via Settings > Apps > Device Administrators or Settings > Apps > Dark Mode for Apps.
Using the Google app
- Open the Google app, and tap on the three-line icon (three horizontal lines).
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Navigation at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Dark Mode. You will see a toggle switch that says “dark mode” in white text with a red circle around it.
- If you want to turn off dark mode, tap on the toggle switch and then tap “OFF” to disable it, or tap “ON” to enable it again if you want to use Google Dark Mode again in the future. Using other apps 1. Open an app that has dark mode support such as Nova Launcher or Pixel Launcher 2. Tap on your home button 3. Select “Menu” 4. Select Settings 5. Select System
Dark Mode on Android is a nice feature to have, but it can also be annoying. It all depends on the person, so it’s good that you can easily turn it off if you don’t like it. And if you decide to turn it back on, you can easily do that too. There is no harm in keeping it on, as it can help you save battery life and reduce eye strain.